Whirlpool glass stovetops and cooktops are popular choices for many homeowners. They are easy to clean and maintain with a few simple steps. Daily cleaning is the key to preventing build-up and burnt-on food or spills. Wondering how to clean Whirlpool glass cooktops? Just follow these steps!
The Best Way to Clean Whirlpool Glass Cooktops
In this guide, we will give you quick and easy instructions on how to clean your Whirlpool glass cooktop daily to prevent burned-on build-ups. We will also recommend the best cleaner for a glass stovetop and show you how to use it to clean a glass stovetop. Looking for a guide on how to clean a glass cooktop? We will also review steps to removing stubborn burnt-on food or spills from a glass range-top.
If you have a glass or porcelain cooktop surface below your electric burner coils, read our guide on how to clean burner coils.
How Do You Clean a Whirlpool Glass Top?
The best way to keep your cooktop clean is to prevent any food build-up from occurring. We recommend performing a basic, quick cleaning after each use.
The first step is to gather the cleaning supplies necessary to care for your glass range. One of the best supplies for cleaning your appliances is white vinegar. Some people dilute white vinegar with water and put it in a spray bottle to clean a Whirlpool glass cooktop.
You’ll also need a soft hand towel or microfiber cloth. If your cooktop has spilled food or mild burned-on stains, grab a container of baking soda, which acts as a gentle abrasive.
Whatever you do, don’t opt for scrubby sponges that will scratch the top of your range. Your glass range is susceptible to scratching.
To Clean Whirlpool Glass Cooktop:
- Wait for the glass top to cool – Never clean the top of your glass range when it is still hot. Wait for it to cool completely to avoid burning yourself or your supplies.
- Spray with vinegar – Next, spray the white vinegar on the glass range, encompassing the whole area.
- Clean spills or burned-on stains – If you accidentally spilled a bit of food or have other burned-on stains, sprinkle some baking soda over the range top. Allow the baking soda and vinegar to sit briefly. After a moment or two, you will see the solution start to de-grime the top of your appliance.
- Wipe clean – Using your soft cloth, wipe the vinegar solution off the glass top in a circular motion. If baking soda was used on a stained area, adding a little pressure during this step will help scrub off the burned-on bits.
- Rinse and dry – Clean the glass with one final layer of white vinegar. Give the glass top one final wipe-down to reveal a clean, debris-free glass top. This final spritz of vinegar can help kill any bad odors that could be lingering on your cooktop and also eliminate grease.
What Is the Best Cleaner for a Glass Cooktop?
Looking for the best thing to clean a glass stovetop? To clean Whirlpool glass cooktop, we recommend using the Affresh® Cooktop Cleaning Kit. It contains everything you need to clean, polish, and protect your cooktop from everyday use. The kit includes a cooktop scrubbing pad, nonabrasive cleaner, and scraper.
Using the Affresh® Cooktop Cleaning Kit is easy. Start by removing loose or excess debris from the surface using a warm, moist hand towel. Next, apply a small amount of cleaner to your cool cooktop. Using the included cleaning pad, rub the cleaning cream over the entire surface of your stovetop. Then, use a dry microfiber cloth to buff off the remaining cleaner to make your range shine.
How Do You Clean a Burnt Glass Stovetop?
Wondering how to clean a glass range top that has burned on grime? For more stubborn burnt-on food or spills, use the cooktop scraper included in the Affresh Cooktop Cleaning Kit. This can help scrape off any burned-on debris. Be careful not to press too hard on your stovetop with the razor, as this could damage your appliance.
Some maintenance issues are too complicated to handle, and an appliance professional understands your glass range best. If you have questions about maintaining your glass range or need an oven or cooktop repair, contact Capital City Appliance Service.